19. Accessibility Interview QuestionsAug 18 2020
Q1. What are the major screenreaders there are to test?
A: There are a few major screenreaders:
1) MAC OS - Voiceover (best with Safari)
2) Windows - JAWS, Narrator, NVDA,
3) LINUX - ORCA
4) Chromevox - Chrome Browser
Q2. We want to hide content from the screen readers how you will do?
A: There are a few ways through which we can hide the content from the screen readers:
1) Hiding images: aria-hidden="true" and
2) To completely hide from the screen readers use
Q3. Is infinite scrolling accessibility friendly?
A: No, it is not accessible at all. We should have the data loading only on-demand such as on click of the button
Q4. What is the shortcut key to activate and deactivate the screenreader (Voice over) on Mac
fn + cmmd + F5 : To toggle the Voiceover
Q5. What are the benefits of having regions or landmarks in your code?
A: VoiceOver users can navigate a page via Aria landmarks by choosing Landmarks in the Rotor.
Such as headings, header, footer, main, etc.
For Mac here is the shortcut key to activate the Rotor:
Control + Alt + U
To Navigate the list of Landmarks:
To Navigate through the list of Landmarks: